Leading scientists and other experts in 12 distinct disciplines developed Target Ecosystem Characteristics or “ecological goals” – the quantifiable project targets for restoration activities that are necessary for a healthy estuary and reduced community risk in the face of climate change and rising sea levels.
- Shallow Water and Intertidal Habitats *
- Hudson River Shorelines and Riparian Areas
- Tributary Connectivity and Barriers
- Resilient Plant and Animal Communities
- Storm and Wastewater
- Public Access *
- Navigation Safety and Natural Resource Interactions
- Estuary Education
- Resilient Waterfronts and Community Shorelines
* Note: The Tidal and Intertidal Wetlands and the Submerged Aquatic Vegetation and Shallow Water Habitat TECs were combined into the Shallow Waters and Intertidal Wetlands Habitat TEC. The Water Access and Navigation TEC was split into two: Public Access and the Navigation Safety and Natural Resource Interactions TECs.